Sunday, July 11, 2010

Jason's Deli & Udi's Team Up to Offer Gluten-Free Goodness

Good Morning Everyone! It is a beautiful Sunday morning - the sun is out, the birds are chirping - what better way to spend it than writing a new post?!

So I want to begin by telling you a story. On Thursday I was doing my usual routine, got into work and checked-up on the news online, and came upon a news release. It mentioned that Jason's Deli was now serving gluten-free bread. I am not sure about all of you, but I was practically jumping out of seat in excitement - I haven't had a real sandwich OUT in forever! Well, I was at work, so I kept my composure (very hard to do) and went about my day. That night, another birdie in a tree mentioned Jason's Deli's new initiative once again. Two times in one day I was told about this, I knew I now had to check it out.

On Friday, a couple of co-workers and I went on over to Jason's Deli and it was true! While they are not making their own bread, they have partnered with Udi's. I had never had Udi's before then, but man was it good (see pics below). The bread was airy and light and tasted amazing toasted. Plus it didn't get all soggy from the sandwich ingredients. Amazing!






One thing to keep in mind when going though, they do not use separate toaster's for the gluten-free bread. Also, they are trained to switch knives and gloves and clean off the cutting boards, but of course since it is not a 100% gluten-free establishment, it is always important to keep an eye on things while your sandwich is being made. Regardless, disclaimer said, Jason's Deli is amazing, even more so now that they have added gluten-free bread onto their menu.

So take a drive, stop at Jason's Deli, order a sandwich and enjoy:-)

No comments: