Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Vivace Shines! Gluten-Free Menu is Unlike Anything Else Available in Charlotte, NC

Happy 25th Birthday to me! This "new year" was brought in with a bang, that is for sure. First, my little brother, Justin, - he is 21 - came for a surprise visit. He drove 10 hours from Indiana, just to see me and get a look at the wonderful city of Charlotte, NC. Of course he loved it! We walked around Uptown, took in the Charlotte nightlife at the Epicentre and ate out often. It was wonderful.

Although he left on Sunday to head back to Indiana, the fun continued into Monday. My boyfriend, Adam, and I worked through the day and met back at our townhouse after to dress for dinner, which was a surprise to me. It was a great surprise - we went to Vivace.

Vivace had a pulse unlike any other restaurant I had been to in Charlotte yet. The atmosphere was warm, the host/waiters extremely attentive and the food was absolutely decadent...and 100% gluten-free. There was even a menu dedicated to it!

Upon arrival, a hostess walked us through the downstairs portion of the restaurant, which was alive with the music of chefs at work preparing edible works of art from the open kitchen and a lounge/bar for those after work cocktails we all crave, and up the stairs to our table. It was set for two and sat near a panel of windows floor to ceiling tall overlooking the Charlotte skyline. While it was very bright, even at 8pm, it was a gorgeous addition to our romantic birthday celebration.

The menu had many different options, so it was extremely hard to make a decision. In fact, if I could have stomached it, I would have had one of everything, it all sounded so delicious. Instead, I compromised and ordered an Antipasti, Primi and Secondi. If I could not have one of everything, I was at least going to try an item from each section of the menu. Below is a look at exactly what I ate:

Antipasti: Heirloom Tomato Salad with Fresh Jumbo Lump Crab and an Infused Lemon Vinaigrette



Primi: Chicken Risotto with Ripened Cherries and Toasted Pine Nuts
Secondi: Grouper with Fresh Lump Crab, Seasonal Vegetables, Creamy Polenta and a Carrot Infused Vinaigrette


The food was so good. I am sorry to disappoint,though, but I did not have dessert. There were many selections to choose from, however, I just could not eat another bite. Regardless, the meal took about two hours to complete and was savored every minute along the way. Without a second thought, I would recommend Vivace as a restaurant to be tried soon. The food was delectable, the Chefs are masterful artists and the managers/owners deserve a pat on the back for marrying a trendy, warm atmosphere with food to match.

Vivace is located at 1100 Metropolitan Avenue, Building E, Suite 100 - by the Target and Trader Joe's in Uptown Charlotte. Reservations can be made online at www.opentable.com or by phone at 704-370-7755. To read more about Vivace and see a menu, go to www.vivacecharlotte.com.

Please stop by and mention Leah from the Gluten-Free Charlotte blog sent you. It is absolutely worth it!

1 comment:

Mary Delicate said...

Thanks for your blog! I have Celiac and will be visiting Charlotte. Great to have some places in mind before I get there.
Mary