Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Thoughtful Baker & Then Some...

Talk about an exciting week! Not only have I joined the first ever Charlotte, NC Gluten Free Expo events team, but I also met the Thoughtful Baker, Ms. Barbara D'Ambrosio herself. She is absolutely amazing and her cinnamon roll cakes are to die for. At a meeting last Thursday she brought them with her and I nearly died and went to heaven. They are fabulous morsels which were made without wheat, gluten and/or dairy. Awesome! And, of course, she is just as wonderful. Very friendly, witty and easy going - even that is not doing her justice. All I can say is, if you are attending the expo, she will be there and you must go by to say hello. She is really "all that and a bag of chips"!

Now, what was I doing that I met her you ask? Well, I had dropped a line to the originator of the Gluten Free Expo in Charlotte, Ms. Nikki Everett, and received a call back. Seems their planning is moving right along, but they could use an extra hand. So on Thursday night, I hauled myself from work in Uptown to the Dillworth area and met the ladies for my first of a handful of meetings to come. It was there I met Barbara. We chatted, we shared information, we laughed. It was great.

The event is going to be a success you should not miss. Whether you are coming to the event or not, though, I will be photographing as much as I can and giving you all the updates. Who was there? What were they sampling? What is new? What was the best and just okay? You name it, I will tell you all about it. Leave a comment if you want to know anything in particular. If you are going to be there, I would love to catch up as well - just let me know. I will be the perky blonde in staff clothing:)

Can't Wait!

Check out The Thoughtful Baker, LLC. website at www.TheThoughtfulBaker.com - its tasty.

No comments: